You can sign up for Mike's free study group at certmike.com, and find his study guides at the Sybex test prep site. To review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge, visit https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Identity and access management overview
- Identification mechanisms: user names, access cards, biometrics, and registration
- Authentication factors
- Password authentication protocols
- Identity as a service (IDaaS)
- Enforcing accountability
- Managing credentials with policies
- Using access control lists
- Defending against access control attacks
Skill Level Advanced
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple. And I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP identity and access management course. The Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or CISSP certification is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that it's a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam, covering the eight domains of information security. This course covers the fifth of those eight domains, identity and access management. 13% of the questions on the CISSP exam come from this domain. I have two decades of experience as an information security professional, and I've been involved in CISSP training and certification for most of those. As you work your way through this course, you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first is the official CISSP study guide available from Cybex. The second book you'll want is the official CISSP practice tests also available from Cybex. As we work our way through this course, we'll focus on each topic covered by domain five. We'll review how to control physical and logical access to information and information systems. We'll also cover managing secure identification, authentication and authorization processes. You'll learn how you can prevent or mitigate access control attacks and that's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics combined with the information you learn in our other CISSP courses will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. In addition to using this course and the companion books to prepare for the exam, I encourage you to visit my website @certmike.com and sign up for my free CISSP study group. I'll send you weekly emails, guiding you through the exam preparation process and offer you test taking tips to get you ready for the exam. All right, let's get rolling.