Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed learning path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- How IP addresses are assigned and managed
- Multilayer protocols
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Designing secure networks
- Firewall management techniques
- Maintaining network availability
- Software defined networking (SDN)
- Port isolation
- Network attacks
- How Wi-Fi networks function
- WPA, WPS, and propagation attacks
- Host-based network security control
Skill Level Advanced
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP Communication and Network Security course. The Certified Information System Security Professional, or CISSP certification, is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that the CISSP is a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security.
This course covers the fourth of those eight domains, communication and network security. 14% of the questions on the CISSP exam come from this domain. I have two decades of experience as an information security professional and I've been involved in CISSP training and certification for most of those. As you work your way through this course you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first is The Official CISSP Study Guide, available from Sybex.
This book is approved by ISC squared as the official study guide for the exam and it contains context that supplements this course and will help you be prepared when you take the CISSP exam. The second book that you'll want is The Official CISSP Practice Tests, also available from Sybex. This book contains over 1,300 practice exam questions designed to mimic those on the actual CISSP exam. The book has an entire chapter dedicated to questions from each domain, along with two full length practice tests to help you assess your progress.
As we work our way through this course we'll focus on each topic covered by domain four. We'll review how to apply secure design principles to network architecture. We'll also cover securing network components and communications channels. You'll learn how you can prevent or mitigate network attacks, and that's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics, combined with the information that you learn in our other CISSP courses, will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security.
In addition to using this course and the companion books to prepare for the exam, I encourage you to visit my website at CertMike.com and sign up for my free CISSP study group. I'll send you weekly emails guiding you through the exam preparation process and offering you test taking tips to help you get ready for the exam. Alright, let's get rolling.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.