- Creating a serializer
- Working with API views
- Filtering back ends
- Enabling pagination
- Executing CRUD operations
- Managing serializer fields
- Testing API views
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Rudolf] REST APIs are everywhere. They are used ever day by front-end web apps and smart phone mobile apps. Have you ever wanted to create your own REST API that can power an Android, iPhone, and web app, such as an e-commerce store? With Django REST framework, we can create that REST API backend. Django REST framework enables rapid prototyping, so you will get up and running quickly, with model serialization, validation, searching and filtering of data, and unit testing. Hi, I'm Rudolf Olah, I've been working with Python projects for over 10 years and have been using Django since version 0.96. Let's get started.
Deploying Django Apps: Make Your Site Go Livewith Nick Walter2h 43m Intermediate
Demo project overview1m 19s
1. Serializing, Listing, Filtering, and Paginating Models
2. Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete (CRUD) Operations for Models
3. Managing Serializer Fields, Relations, and Validation
4. Testing API Views
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.