Auto-tracking is where tracks are created, tracked, and filtered automatically. In this lesson, learn how to use this feature of the Motion Tracker in Cinema 4D.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…we got our project set up for tracking…and if you open this file and your project…doesn't have the footage loaded,…simply reconnect the footage.…Come over to the motion tracker object,…and in the footage area here,…just click the ellipses button,…choose the table image sequence, and click open.…And you should be right back here and we can continue.…Now, the aim is to get this 3D camera to…match the movement of the camera in our footage.…We do this by supplying the motion…tracker with data about the shot.…
So now we will begin the 2D tracking stage.…I'm going to twirl this up, click on the motion tracker,…and move into the 2D tracking tab.…The first area we will look at is automatic tracking.…We have a number of options here.…We have the number of tracks that we can set,…and the default is 300 with a minimum spacing…of 19 pixels between the tracks.…We need minimum spacing because we don't want…the tracks to be on top of one another.…That would just be no use at all.…
If we choose to create some auto tracks…
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.