Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Auto-Text, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- [Instructor] Chapter two 06. … We're going to look at auto text. … That's the thing we skipped over in the previous lesson. … I've also opened up pages … and I've also opened up layers, … so we can have a look at what goes on … with some of this text. … Now this is a default template, … one that I've picked from the available options … in LayOut when we fire it up, … and I'm highlighted here on every inside page … so when we create layers in LayOut, … we've got the options of either having it just on one page … or this symbol here means that any content … that's on that type of layer … will be copied across all pages. … Okay, you can switch them back … and then you've got the option to leave the content … on all the layers or to just keep it onto the existing layer … so fantastic little feature. … And if I click on some of this text, … you can see that it's got this ready, … this brownie ready sort of border to it … and that corresponds, then, … with this dot on the layer, okay? … So anything on that dot colored layer …
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Customizing LayOut preferences
- Working with the drawing tools in LayOut
- Adding text and labels
- Creating linear and angular dimensions
- Creating templates
- Linking SketchUp with LayOut
- Building a scrapbook
- Exporting options
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
1. Introduction to SketchUp for Architecture
2. Setting Up LayOut
3. Drawing and Annotation
4. Creating and Saving Templates
5. Linking SketchUp to LayOut
6. The LayOut Scrapbooks
7. Finishing Off the Pages
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.