Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Arrange email by date or sender, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Narrator] If you are browsing your emails,…I think it's helpful to have them in an order…that's convenient for you.…Often, when I've been in the office and I'm coming back,…it's nice to be able to look based on time by date,…and the Conversations view is also a date-based view.…But I might want to look at my emails by who they're from…so that I could see all of the emails…from one person together.…Simply choose From, and here is my new list by person.…
If I want to collapse those groups,…I'll be able to see a list of people who sent me emails…which I think is very nice.…That way, I can quickly go look at the emails…that I received from Carolina, for example,…by expanding them, or from Inga.…Super, super easy.…Return to Conversations.…When I change to arranging by Conversations,…this is expanded.…This list also allows me to choose to…expand all groups if they're already collapsed,…and I like that as well.…
A couple of other thoughts,…this Show in Groups means turn on…what's called smart grouping,…and here's how smart grouping works.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies