Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Archive a message, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Narrator] In Archive, which is also called…an online archive or your archive folder,…is where you store email that you don't want to keep…in your Inbox or your Inbox sub-folders,…but you also don't want it to take up space…in your Inbox,…and you don't want it gone.…So, you can delete it, you need to retain it,…but it's not on the front burner any longer,…and there is actually a folder for Archive right here.…This is where items go that are archived.…
Increasingly, organizations are setting up policies…about document retention, email retention,…email deletion and email archiving.…If you have an archive,…it's setup by your Office 365 administrator,…if you're using Office 365,…or by somebody in your IT department.…This isn't something, normally,…you setup yourself.…And because there are policies driving this,…normally you'll simply wait and let those policies kick in,…but you have the ability in Outlook 2016 for the Mac…to archive items individually.…
Therefore, if I knew that I was done…with this particular message,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies