You can quickly copy and reapply formatting using the Format Painter. In this video, learn how to use the Format Painter, how to apply number formats, apply cells formats from the Format Cells dialog box, apply cell styles, and clear cell formatting.
- [Instructor] We can quickly apply formatting to a cell … or a range of cells by using the great … built-in cell formats. … After watching this video, … you will know how to use the Format Painter … to copy formatting and paste it on to another cell, … or a range of cells. … How to use the built-in number formats, … the built-in cell styles, … and how to clear the formatting … from a cell or a range of cells. … Let's jump right into our Styles Workbook. … And we'll take a look first … at our column headings in Row Four. … To make these stand out more, … let's apply some formatting. … Now, I'll start with the name cell in A4, … and I could use my format options in Font, … but there are some great built-in cell styles … that we can use. … Let's go over to our Styles group, … and click the Cell Styles menu. … These are my recently used ones, … but we have good, bad, and neutral … and all that really means is, … it'll be red, green, or yellow. … We also have a normal setting, … that's just your normal default font for this workbook …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.