- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
- [Alan] If you're looking to create the illusion of life through character animation, learning how to harness the power of Adobe After Effects will help you convey the action and emotion through digital puppets. In my LinkedIn Learning course, the aim is to get you up and running in After Effects so that you can bring characters to life. We'll learn the software within the context of character animation, and we'll cover the essentials of After Effects, including puppet tools, expressions, the graph editor, and more. Because this course isn't project-based, we won't animate any one scene from start to finish. Instead, we use a variety of character examples to learn the features of After Effects along with tips and tricks that will help you get started creating your own animations. Hi, I'm Alan Demafiles, a freelance motion designer. Join me at LinkedIn Learning and discover how to animate your characters using Adobe After Effects.
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.