To further amplify the light in the scene, a light that simulates the sun may need to be added. In this video, George adds a V-Ray light to the scene and creates the illusion of sun entering through a window.
- [Instructor] We now have … some environmental lighting in our scene. … If we take a look at the test render we did before … you'll see that we have some good lighting, … but it's certainly not enough to simulate what we want, … which is morning sun. … So the next step is to add in a light to simulate the sun. … Now this will be the most important light in your scene. … It really is the one that tells the story about … the time of day and the mood of the scene. … So this is probably … the most important light you're going to have. … So, sunlight comes into the scene pretty much parallel, … and for this scene we want it … to come in through these windows and this door, … so from the right of the image. … So let's go ahead and create a light here. … We're going to create a VRay light. … I'm going to make sure it's a planar light. … And then we're going to drag out a fairly large plane. … I'm going to make this somewhere around four feet … by eight feet, something like that, fairly large. …
- Types of exposure compensation
- Whether to use photometric lighting
- Adding sunlight
- Adjusting auxiliary lights
- Balancing lights
- Rendering passes using State Sets
- Adding an ambient occlusion pass
- Adding reflection and selection pass
- Creating and adjusting flames
- Simulating firelight
- Illuminating a floor lamp
- Rendering for mattes
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Scene
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.