Once the main lights are in the scene, auxiliary lighting can be added to make parts of the scene stand out. In this video, George adds light to the ceiling and other areas to help balance the overall lighting in the scene.
- [Instructor] At this point, … we have three main lighting sources. … We have our environmental light, … we have our fireplace, as well as our floor lamp. … Now, these are our main sources of lighting … and now we can start to fill in … with auxiliary lighting as well as fill lighting. … We're going to start off with auxiliary lights … and what we're going to do is simulate the light … from these overhead fixtures. … So I'm going to go into a top view here, … and you can see that we've got these overhead fixtures, … and you can them pretty clearly in our wire frame view. … So I'm going to create a v-ray disk light that matches … that light in size, and then we can use those as spotlights … to illuminate parts of the room. … So I'm going to go into my create panel, … under v-ray we're going to create a v-ray light. … Now instead of a plane, I'm going to create a disk light, … and then I'm going to click and drag in this top view port … And make that light approximately the same size …
- Types of exposure compensation
- Whether to use photometric lighting
- Adding sunlight
- Adjusting auxiliary lights
- Balancing lights
- Rendering passes using State Sets
- Adding an ambient occlusion pass
- Adding reflection and selection pass
- Creating and adjusting flames
- Simulating firelight
- Illuminating a floor lamp
- Rendering for mattes
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Scene
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.