Managing a Hosted Web Site
Managing a Hosted Web Site shows how to set up a web site on a host's server and perform common server tasks. Working in two web hosting utilities, cPanel and Plesk, as well as in a custom control panel, author Ray Villalobos explores purchasing a domain, setting up FTP accounts, and configuring web mail. The course also explains setting up password protection, creating a MySQL database, and working with subdomains.
- Choosing server features
- Getting a domain name
- Using an FTP client
- Understanding link references
- Setting up webmail with forwards
- Protecting user information and directories
- Working with databases
- Creating shortcuts with subdomains
- Hi, I'm ray Villalobos, and welcome to Managing a Hosted Web Site. In this course, we'll look at how to host a website with popular web hosting providers. I'll start by showing you how service work and what things to look for when choosing a service provider. Then I'll show you how to pick a good domain name and go through the process of purchasing and setting up your website server. We'll also see how to set up useful features like FTP accounts, mail, password protected directories, databases and subdomains with popular control panel interfaces.
We'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now let's get started with Managing a Hosted Web Site.
CSS Positioning Best Practices743,668 Views
CSS Web Site Design1,640,377 Views
Office 365 for Mac: Excel Essential Training37,057 Views
View Source63,161 Views
Making Decisions89,785 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
HTML Essential Training3,833,338 Views