- View Offline
- Choosing server features
- Getting a domain name
- Using an FTP client
- Understanding link references
- Setting up webmail with forwards
- Protecting user information and directories
- Working with databases
- Creating shortcuts with subdomains
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm ray Villalobos, and welcome to Managing a Hosted Web Site. In this course, we'll look at how to host a website with popular web hosting providers. I'll start by showing you how service work and what things to look for when choosing a service provider. Then I'll show you how to pick a good domain name and go through the process of purchasing and setting up your website server. We'll also see how to set up useful features like FTP accounts, mail, password protected directories, databases and subdomains with popular control panel interfaces.
We'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now let's get started with Managing a Hosted Web Site.