Interested in leading the charge? Manage Your Organization's Big Data Program is for business intelligence professionals who are tasked with implementing a big data and analytics program at their companies. Alan Simon explains the role of program managers, their desired skills, and the people they need on their core team. After the preliminary steps—defining program direction, budget, and initial projects—Alan helps map project milestones and define the KPIs to help track their progress. In chapter 6, you survey the risks to the program, from financial and technological standpoints. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to be successful in a big data leadership role—and drive data-driven insights throughout the enterprise.
- What makes a good big-data program manager
- How to recruit members of a big data team
- Defining the program direction
- Creating an initial list of projects
- Identifying allies and adversaries
- Determining program milestones
- Managing milestone progress
- Assessing program risks
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Alan Simon, and welcome to Manage Your Organization's Big Data Program. In this course, we'll take a look at how you can be successful in the leadership role for your organization's efforts to develop and use big data. I'll start by exploring how the role of the big data program manager is essential to making your organization's vision from modern day to management and analytics a reality. Next we'll take a look at how to put together the best big data team possible. And how you should lead this team as you all work together to bring modern big data and analytics to your organization.
We'll then look at how you build and refine your portfolio at big data projects and how to make sure that those big data efforts are aligned with key business projects and apparatives to gain maximum support. We will also take a deeper look at the responsibilities of the big data managers, such as budgeting, building your program road map, measuring your program's success, and managing risks. Now let's get started with Manage Your Organization's Big Data Program.