Bonnie Bills |
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
The web has completely changed marketing from a primarily one-way form of communication to an interactive, two way customer-centered conversation. It has also changed the rules of participation. You don’t need a big budget or a marketing team to embark on an effective online marketing campaign, you just need to know the fundamentals of online marketing so you can get started on a new campaign, or optimize the campaign you have. The smallest businesses—the one-woman design shop, the auto repair place down the street, the ten-employee consulting business—can engage in many of the same marketing activities as a multinational fast-food chain with a massive marketing budget.
In Online Marketing Fundamentals, web marketing expert Lorrie Thomas Ross explains how businesses can:
• Set themselves up for success by defining their audience and creating an effective website
• Use social media sites from Facebook to Foursquare to interact with customers and prospects in new ways
• Blog to become credible sources of information and reach new audiences
• Use SEO and SEM to reach customers interested in their goods or services
• Analyze their online efforts with web analytics software
• And much more
Whether you’re contemplating your first web marketing efforts or are an experienced web marketer looking for new ideas, you’ll find plenty of information in Online Marketing Fundamentals.
Interested in more?
• All business courses in the Online Training Library®
• Courses by Lorrie Thomas Ross in the Online Training Library®
Suggested courses to watch next:
• Social Media Marketing with Facebook and Twitter• Effective Email Marketing Strategies• Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO• Google Analytics Essential Training
Tags: Analytics, Blogging, Online Marketing, SEM, SEO, Social Media, Web Marketing
Check out these popular Business courses.
Thanks for signing up.
We’ll send you a confirmation email shortly.
Sign up and receive emails about lynda.com and our online training library:
Keep up with news, tips, and latest courses with emails from lynda.com.
We've updated our terms and conditions (now called terms of service).Go Review and accept our updated terms of service.