Melody Misiaszek |
Monday, September 7, 2015
At lynda.com, Annual Premium members can watch courses completely offline through our iOS, Android, and Windows 8 Apps—learning on the go from anywhere, without Internet access.
Now we’re pleased to offer even more choices: Announcing our streamlined Offline Viewing Desktop App that runs on both Windows and Mac OSX!
This companion app, the newest addition to our suite of apps, is great for anyone who wants to learn on their laptops or desktop computers, but doesn’t have a steady Internet connection.
This ensures courses can be watched uninterrupted and enjoyed on a larger screen than your mobile devices.
Enjoy a continuous learning experience, as our Desktop App picks up at any point where you left off––from any device. Whether you’re in the air, on a train, or in a café, learning on your computer offline is now easier than ever.
Here’s how to watch courses offline on your laptop or desktop:
1) If you’re not already an Annual Premium member, upgrade for access to courses when you’re offline, on any device—plus downloadable exercise files so you can learn hands-on with course instructors.
2) Download the app designed for your system from the links below to begin adding courses to your queue to watch offline later. You can always find these links at lynda.com/apps/desktop-app
3) From your computer, visit www.lynda.com with an Internet connection.
4) As a logged-in Annual Premium member, go to a Course Page.
5) Above the Video Player on each course page, you’ll see a View Offline button. Click it to begin the download in the Offline App.
Click the View Offline button, top center
6) Repeat this on any course you’d like added to your queue. You can manage your downloads from within the App.
Enjoy learning on your commutes or from remote locations with our new Offline Viewing App!
We always welcome feedback on our features and products, and want to hear what other devices you’d like to watch lynda.com on. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Lynda.com News
Thanks for signing up.
We’ll send you a confirmation email shortly.
Sign up and receive emails about lynda.com and our online training library:
Keep up with news, tips, and latest courses with emails from lynda.com.
We've updated our terms and conditions (now called terms of service).Go Review and accept our updated terms of service.