- Using a secure screen lock
- Removing location data on photos
- Disabling photo uploads
- Restricting lock screen notifications
- Using the factory data reset
- Avoiding malicious apps
- Finding a lost device
- Guarding against mobile malware
Skill Level Beginner
- [Dan] Whether it's in your pocket, purse, or attached to your arm during a morning jog, your Android phone or tablet is a vital part of your digital life. It keeps you connected through email, social networking, business, online banking, and much more. As such, you want to ensure that its security isn't compromised. I'm Dan Gookin, creator of the For Dummies series and author of several books on Android mobile devices. In this course I show you how to keep your Android secure, how to be smart online, use passwords effectively, avoid common security risks, and keep yourself and your data safe from the bad guys.
Topics include cover disabling photo uploads, preventing the Android from tracking your movement, data encryption, accessing WiFi securely, app security, malware prevention, finding a lost phone or tablet, and more. Armed with the solid advice in this course, you'll become a smarter smartphone user. Avoiding common mistakes that compromise security isn't that difficult providing you know about the tools and techniques available. Are you ready to make your phone or tablet more secure? Let's get started.