- What is kitbashing?
- Advanced IMM brushes and Curve brushes
- Useful brushes for kitbashing
- Creating your own asset library
- Building organic shapes
- Creating and adjusting insert brushes
- Building hard surface shapes
- Fine-tuning shapes
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Pablo] Hello and welcome to this Kitbashing course in ZBrush 2018. My name is Pablo Munoz and I'll be walking you through the process of building a kitbash library for organic and hard-surface modeling. In this course, we'll take a look at how the kitbashing technique can help you to produce detailed concepts in 3D very quickly. I'll share my workflows and sculpting techniques while using practical examples that you can follow. Zbrush 2018 is a fantastic software to sculpt your ideas in 3D. Together we'll explore the concepts of kitbashing in Zbrush, the steps to build our reusable library of assets, and the workflows to implement your custom assets.
We'll discuss some of the most useful features in Zbrush for rapid prototyping like dynamesh, insert brushes, and the new Sculptris Pro. We'll learn how to use these tools to build a solid base mesh and add details to bring your creations to life. The content of this course is aimed to intermediate users with some prior knowledge of Zbrush. We'll be focusing on the kitbashing technique for concepting in Zbrush, but I'll assume you already know how to navigate your way through the UI and have an idea of how some of the Zbrush processes work. By the end of this course you'll be able to start a project from scratch, and produce a wide range of designs using the kitbashing technique.
You will also end up with a custom library of assets that you can reuse in a number of other...