- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Ryan] Hi, I'm Ryan Kittleson, and welcome Zbrush: Modeling Footwear. In this course, I'll show you how I take advantage of Zbrush's unique tools to make a realistic shoe. In these videos, we're going to use photo references to accurately model the shoe, starting from the sole, making the upper, and topping it off with all the details. I'll use a variety of techniques, and talk about modeling in general so that you can learn how to make most any kind of footwear, not just this one sculpture. I'll be covering all the major components of shoes, like how to make treads, laces, fabric, leather detail, suede, and more.
Shoes are one of my favorite things to make in Zbrush, because they combine everything from organic shapes to precision modeling. By the end of this course, we'll have a highly realistic shoe that you could then prepare for rendering, animation, 3D printing, and more. So, let's get started with Zbrush: Modeling Footwear.
ZBrush 2018 Essential Trainingwith Ryan Kittleson4h 49m Beginner
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.