Using the various techniques and process from previous videos, in this part of the course, you'll make use of your recently cerated hard surface modeling kit, to create the starting point of a sci-fi explorer car.
- [Instructor] And finally we have made it…to the fun part of this course again,…where we actually use our custom tools…to build our ideas in 3D.…As we did with the organic kitbashing,…I'm going to start with a very simple base mesh.…You can create your own,…or you can load up the…hard surface modeling base, the CTO,…from the files for this video.…I'm going to be creating some kind of Sci-Fi Explorer,…or like a car.…So my base mesh has a very subtle indication…of the shape that I'm going for.…But it might change completely as we progress.…I'm going to start off by selecting…some of the simpler, larger objects…to establish the silhouette of this design.…
Now, as opposed to the organic kitbashing method,…I'll try to stay away from dynamation.…So I'd spend a bit more time placing the object…as soon as I insert into the mesh.…You'll also notice that as soon as I insert the object…and I'm trying to sort of like moving it around,…I'm trying to keep it as close as I can to the base mesh.…Just to try to maintain that original shape a bit more.…
- What is kitbashing?
- Advanced IMM brushes and Curve brushes
- Useful brushes for kitbashing
- Creating your own asset library
- Building organic shapes
- Creating and adjusting insert brushes
- Building hard surface shapes
- Fine-tuning shapes
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush and SubD: Design for 3D Printing with SLAwith Jean Gorospe1h 57m Intermediate
1. Intro to Kitbashing
2. Kitbashing Exercise
3. Building Your Own Organic Kit
4. Building Your Own Hard Surface Kit
5. Model Presentation
Render and presentation5m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.