No that you have your model kit ready, you can start the kitbashing process. In this video you'll take a sphere as a starting point and you'll create the basis of the creature keeping a low resolution. You'll then refine the sketch and add more details wi
- [Instructor] Right, now that we have our very own…organic model kit, let's go ahead and have some fun…and design a creature.…I've spent a little bit of time just adjusting the depth…of each one of these objects with this brush…and saved it as CreatureKeyed_Ready.cbp.…So if you want, you can load up this brush…from the accompanying files of this video…or continue with your own.…I have also loaded the base mesh…that we created at the beginning of the course.…So if you want to use that one, you can go ahead…and load up the Base_Mesh.ctl.…Okay, let's start by selecting one…of these first five objects.…
And with the symmetry enabled, I'm gonna start adding…some shapes, just to work on an interesting shape again.…Finding a good silhouette for this creature.…One thing that we can also do to speed up the process…of adjusting shapes, is to quickly customize our ZBrush UI.…So for example, with this brush pallette…docked to the left tray…let's go ahead and open up the preference palette…and under the interface soft palette, expand the UI tab…
- What is kitbashing?
- Advanced IMM brushes and Curve brushes
- Useful brushes for kitbashing
- Creating your own asset library
- Building organic shapes
- Creating and adjusting insert brushes
- Building hard surface shapes
- Fine-tuning shapes
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush and SubD: Design for 3D Printing with SLAwith Jean Gorospe1h 57m Intermediate
1. Intro to Kitbashing
2. Kitbashing Exercise
3. Building Your Own Organic Kit
4. Building Your Own Hard Surface Kit
5. Model Presentation
Render and presentation5m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.