Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of ZBrush 4R8 New Features.
- [Instructor] This is a beginner level course. However, you'll probably want to already have some basic knowledge of how ZBrush works before watching it. If you need to get up to speed, please have a look at my ZBrush Essential Training course. Also, you might want to set up your Wacom Tablet preferences so that they work best with ZBrush. Whether you're on a Mac or PC, simply look for your Wacom Tablet Properties, and then what I like to do is set this to Right Click, and this to Middle Click. Also, under Mapping, I like to turn off Use Windows Ink, and turn on Force Proportions to make sure that the tablet and the screen are in the same proportions.
Finally, if you're a premium subscriber of https://www.lynda.com or LinkedIn Learning, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. To open them, open the exercise files folder, and then find the folder that corresponds to the video and chapter that you're watching, double click on that, and then double click on the ZTL file. That'll open the file in ZBrush. There's also a free exercise file that's for everyone, regardless of subscription level. You can find that in the free exercise file folder. There's a specific video that will open this up in, so be on the look out for that.
Okay, on with the new features of ZBrush.
- Creating primitives and deforming meshes with Gizmo 3D
- Creating vector displacement maps
- Creasing edges with ZModeler
- Generating Booleaned results with Live Boolean mode
- Drawing straight strokes in ZBrush 4R8
- Creating text in ZBrush 4R8