Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using ZRemesher to create new topology, part of ZBrush: Sculpting Portraits.
- The model we have now was sculpted from a sphere…and it has the simple polygonal structure of a sphere.…However, now that we've fleshed out the major structures…it's usually a good a idea to retopologize the model…so that the arrangements of polygons…relates better to the sculpture that we've made.…Let's see how it's done.…We're going to use feature called ZRemesher.…It's a very fast and easy way to get workable topology.…It's not however, a solution for high…quality animation or games.…The automatic topology it makes is good…for continuing to sculpt more detail.…
But it just won't be precise enough for rigging.…If you want to animate this head…you'll want to look into more manual retopology techniques.…Okay so the first thing.…ZRemesher works great on models that…have less than 100,000 polygons.…Now our sculpt is over 12 million polygons.…So let's use Decimation Master to make a remeshable model.…Decimation Master will destroy our subdivision levels.…So let's duplicate the sub-tool so that…we can always come back to it later if we have to.…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
Maya: 3D Printing with Shapewayswith Ryan Kittleson1h 45m Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.