In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you learn how to tighten up the edges of the octopus on the cover of your pirate’s journal by using the Mech HA Cut brush. This tool allows you to pull a hard edge along the outer part and, in some cases, pulling upwards will help to inflate some of the geometry.
- [Voiceover] So you can see as I'm building up…my brush I'm also filling in some areas…to smooth out a little bit,…just gently increasing the build-up of the sculpt…as I move along.…OK, so at this point I have most of the octopus…blocked out the way I want it.…
What I need to do now is to start adding in…a little bit more of the detailing…to clean it up and sharpen everything up.…What I want to do then at this point…is remove my mask.…This is going to let me be able to also work…on the other part of the cover at the same time.…So I'll hold Control, and I'll drag.…OK, and so I have, everything looks nice and clean.…So what I want to do to clean up and actually…divide the different parts of the tentacles…from the upper and lower.…
I'll switch over to the Mech A brush,…and the Mech A gives me an ability to…essentially use a clean chisel…that goes right down through the geometry…along the edge.…You do have to be careful with this…because it has a tendency to sometimes pull…and pinch a little bit too much,…but you'll get used to the brushing,…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.