Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Tweaking the tread, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] Just like a lot of times…when you're modeling in ZBrush,…there's going to be a lot of clean up…and adjusting to do once the basic form is made.…For example, when we cut away the unneeded tread…it left behind pieces with holes.…Also, the flat base for the tread pattern needs thickness,…and everything needs to be moved into place.…So let's tackle these things one by one.…First, let's give the tread base thickness.…I'm gonna turn off the reference images on the grid.…And also let's turn off solo mode…so we're looking at only the pieces…we need to be seeing right now.…
I'm gonna zoom in here.…Let's hit shift F to turn on wire frame.…And I wanna thicken this flat piece…without effecting the tread pattern.…So let's mask just the tread pattern.…I'm gonna look at this from a perfect side view.…And hold down control to drag out a mask.…And now let's take a look here.…Yes, we've definitely got just the flat piece unmasked.…So let's extrude this out with a ZModeler brush.…We're gonna hit B Z M to bring that up.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.