Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Tuning shadows, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
If you want to add shadows to your illustration while working in ZBrush, you…can do this using Best Render Quality mode. The shadows in ZBrush are pretty…accurate. They are not necessarily going to be the same kind of accurate shadow…you get out of an advanced renderer in 3D package such as Maya but there are…going to be a pretty good approximation and definitely something you can work…with in lot of illustrations.…I'm going to start by quickly creating a scene that can show off some of the…shadow functions. So let's put the Tool palette here in the tray, I'm going to…zoom out a little bit. Choose a plain 3D, switch to Rotate. Now you notice that…the perspective of the plain seems kind of odd so I'm going to improve that by…going to the Draw menu and clicking on Perspective. Now I have something that…looks more like an actual perspective scene.…
Switch to Move and go to Scale and Rotate it, so we have a flat plain there.…Get down just a little bit and I want to choose a material that will react to…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.