Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Tapering the tread, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Teacher] When we extrude faces in ZBrush,…they come straight out, but if we have a look at the photos,…you can see that the treads taper inwards…so that the surface is smaller than the base of each tread.…Let's look at some ways of making this tapering effect.…Now since we kept this model as simple as possible,…it's going to be a lot easier to modify these shapes…than if we had a really dense high poly object.…So what I wanna do is zoom in a little bit here,…and let's just get up close, and what I want to do is…get my ZModeler brush out, so what I wanna do is…assign a new polygroup to each of these treads.…
So I'm gonna hold down alt and just tap on every tread.…We're gonna use some of the fancy ZModeler tools…to make this a lot easier than…just doing it completely manually.…There is going to be some manual tweaking involved,…but ZModeler brush is really gonna take some of the…bulk of the work out of it for us.…Okay, so now what I want to do is…hover over a polygon, hold down the space bar,…and I'm gonna go to scale and let's scale polygroup all…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.