Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking a second look at proportions, part of Sculpting Portraits in ZBrush.
- There are going to be many times along the way…of sculpting that you'll want to check the…proportions of the model.…For example, you might of sculpted something…while look at the model from one angle, and so…something now looks off from a different angle,…or maybe a new detail will reveal that something…now looks wrong about the proportions.…In this video, I'll show you how to approach the issue.…Let's take a look.…So we're starting to get the basics in place for…our sculpt of Spencer, but I can see that…something isn't quite right.…Basically, as I built up various forms, it…threw the proportions out of whack.…
Checking the proportions is something that you…want to do every step along the way.…For the purpose of this course, I'll skip a lot…of the repetitious tweaking, and just talk about…it here and there.…Ok, so let's look for some places that are kind of off.…I'm looking at my reference, it's pasted up on…the wall in printout form, and I can just see that…I might want to move some of these shapes around.…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
3D Printing on Shapeways Using Mayawith Ryan Kittleson1h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.