In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you begin sculpting the cover of the pirate’s journal, learning how to smooth out surfaces and maintain hard edges. Instructor, Michael Ingrassia, demonstrates how to work with the back face Mask on the brush so you can prevent penetration through to the other side. He also shares many other tricks and techniques to make your work easier.
- [Voiceover] Okay now I'm ready to begin working…on the book itself so I'm gonna switch over…to the book sub tool and the first thing…I wanna do is actually hide all of the different…objects that are within the sub tool menu.…So I'll hold down Shift+Tap…on that particular layer…and that kind of hides everything else.…If I could just get a good look…at how the book cover looks…before I start sculpting it.…
I designed the edge loops to actually work well…with me adding some definition to this piece.…Whenever you're working with a square object…it's sometimes helpful to actually…do your first smooth with the smooth turned off…so I'm actually going to disable the "smt"…or smooth and hit divide and what that does…is it divides everything but keeps it…in a square format and now when I go ahead…and turn on smooth and I divide, you'll notice…everything stayed in a much truer square form…even though it is rounding off.…
It just has a nice, more chiseled edge to it…rather than being too soft.…So I'm going to increase this to a level four.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.