In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson instructor, Michael Ingrassia, guides you through finishing the compass point for the cover of the pirate’s journal. You will learn techniques for sharpening some of the edges of the compass points and for adding some chisel cuts using the slash brush.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Again, it automatically smooths it out,…but I do want to tighten up my edges.…And that's really important to me,…so I'm going to just hit the edge a bit more.…And I'll do the same on this edge here.…I'll put on my symmetry for this,…cuz this is not as critical.…Looks pretty good.…And there's actually no need for me…to sharpen that edge any more.…
Let me get in there though,…cuz I did want that edge to be a bit sharper.…And maybe I will pull a quick little line here,…and just show you how I can…tighten that line if I wanted to.…There's a number of ways I can do it.…One way for example, is I can go to my pinch tool and,…if I just pull a pinch all the way down,…that kinda pulls everything in,…but you can see how sometimes you get a…undesired affect.…My favorite is actually going with the Mech A-H Cut.…
I could pull a line here now,…one of the things I can do.…I can change out of perspective.…Make sure I'm locked in.…I can start my pole and then hold down Shift,…and that will restrict me to a straight line, okay?…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.