Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Shaping the mouth, part of Sculpting Portraits in ZBrush.
- From a technical standpoint making the mouth…is more straightforward sculpting.…However, there are some anatomical points…that are easy to miss.…Paying attention to the muscles…of the mouth for example,…will help keep the lips from looking artificial.…Let's take a closer look.…Okay, let's zoom in on the mouth.…Now, the first mistake that a lot of beginners make…is they try to focus directly on the lips,…and they just kind of puff out the lips,…and don't really focus on the mouth around the lips.…
And this tends to result in very fake stuck on duck lips.…So, let's undo that and think about this a better way.…Let's instead focus on the mass of the muscles…underneath the lips.…Let's go down in our subdivisions a little bit here…because we don't need quite so much detail.…I'm going to hit shift D twice.…And let's now focus on this loop of muscle…that goes around the mouth.…It comes around starting from kind of the mustache area,…goes around the side and that goes down a little bit…at what's called the pillars of the mouth,…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.