In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson your instructor teaches you how to inflate and begin sculpting the tentacles on the octopus, reviewing the different areas of the mask and shows how some tentacles overlap others while other tentacles go underneath. He also demonstrates his approach to sculpting that technique.
- [Voiceover] What we have is all of our area masked out…that we want to sculpt on.…I'm going to just reverse that,…because this is the actual area…that we're planning to sculpt on.…There's two ways to approach this.…I can either just begin painting,…and using my mask, or I can even inflate this area.…If I go to deformation, what I have here is an inflate.…
I can just move my slider upwards a little bit…and you'll notice that the mesh…is actually inflating itself out.…However, it is also giving us a very harsh edge.…That's not necessarily desirable.…For this particular reason,…this technique's not going to work.…There also is, we kept a hard edge.…We didn't really soften that edge,…and that was on purpose.…With the inflate, it really likes more of a soft edge,…so I'm just going to CTRL+z back.…
We'll just do this manually.…I have two tentacles I have to deal with…that are overlapping.…Let's start with the top.…The top is showing me that I have this one here,…on the very top, is actually beneath the second one.…I'll sculpt on the top one first.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.