In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you move on to sculpt the top portion of the lock mechanism for your pirate journal. Using the same techniques from the previous lesson for creating scrollwork, you will sculpt a similar design into this part of the lock. Once complete, you learn how to duplicate your object and rotate it upside down to use it also for the bottom portion.
- [Voiceover] So let's switch to that one now.…And once again, we're at a level five,…so I'll divide up to a level seven.…Go over to my clay twos and add some more detail.…Perfect, so all that remains is for me to do the same thing…I did with the lock portion, just use my Meck A and it'll be…complete and what I'll do is I'll come back when all that is…finished and I'll show you how I do the final assembly of…the book and at that point we're pretty much finished with…the sculpting and ready to move onto…the poly paint and start adding color.…
Okay I'm now complete with the top portion of the lock and…all that remains is for me to create a duplicate of this and…switch it to the bottom like we did…before with the angle brackets.…So I'm going to create a duplicate in my sub tool menu.…Once again I'm going to delete the lower.…And now switch over to the deformation and I want that to…flip and mirror into the opposite direction.…
Let's try the y, yeah, so y is what we're looking for so we…now have that in both areas and one of the…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.