In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you learn how to adjust the shape of the pirate journal compass ring in ZBrush rather than taking it back into your modeling program. You will use radial symmetry to save a lot of time while you use the Polish, Trim Dynamic and Smooth tools to accomplish this. You will then use the Mech A tool to sharpen and define the edges.
- OK, now I have my arrow completed and I'm quite happy…with the way it looks.…It's probably a little bit too clean, but I'll go back later…and I'll show you how we add some more damage…and pitted metal.…First I want to open up the circle that is also part…of the compass.…I go into my Subtools and scroll down to the circle.…The important thing here is I'm trying to…maintain the shape.…What I have is obviously a circle and I want that…to smoothen out.…
However, I have it with a chiseled point in the middle.…Now, one of the things I tend to do in 3D before I come in…to ZBrush is I'll usually split an additional line…on my edges, so these three edges would normally have…an additional split very close to them.…But I didn't do that in this piece, so what I have to do…is come up with a solution that will keep this ring…maintaining the basic form but will also smooth itself out.…
Let's jump right in and see what we can do within ZBrush.…I'm going to go into the Geometry setting and I'll turn off…my Smooth and I'll give it two divisions.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.