Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Sculpting the basic ear structures, part of ZBrush: Sculpting Portraits.
- The ear is one of my favorite parts to sculpt.…I almost always make it from scratch…rather than pasting on a ready-made ear.…It seems so complicated,…but once you learn its patterns,…there's not much to it.…So let's dive in.…Okay, let's go ahead and work on his left ear.…So let's rotate this around and zoom in.…And we've got the clay brush active so that's good.…Now, the way I like to start…is by making a big, swoopy S shape.…I'm gonna make the draw size a little bit bigger,…and hold down Alt, so we're digging in,…and we'll just make this S…that kinda goes in here.…
You just want to really carve this in,…and especially carve it in…at the lower end of the S…'cause that's where the ear canal is.…So we're just carving that in.…Make a nice little depression here,…and then make it kind of fade out up at the top.…Now, you just really want to dig this in.…Okay, now let's establish the major hills.…
So we've got this shape that comes up in here…and it splits into two.…So let's go ahead and get that shape established.…These two prongs on the antihelix.…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
Maya: 3D Printing with Shapewayswith Ryan Kittleson1h 45m Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.