Learn how to use the Maya modeling toolkit for retopology: rebuilding a model for smoother and more natural animation.
- Hi, I'm Ryan Kittleson, and welcome to Maya: Retopology for Animation. In these videos, we're going to use Maya's modeling toolkit which allows us to take a raw sculpt or scan and build a riggable model out of it. I'm going to show you how to plan out good edge flow, so that the character can animate in a natural way. Then, I'll get into the actual construction of the new polygon mesh. I actually really enjoy the process of retopology. It's a fun combination of artistry and technique. By the end of this course, we'll have a fully modeled character that's ready for rigging and animation.
So, let's get started with Maya: Retopology for Animation.
- Setting up the sculpted model
- Drawing guidelines
- Using the modeling toolkit
- Adding and deleting polygons and edge loops
- Retopology tips and tricks