In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson your instructor demonstrates how you can achieve an aged paper effect for your pirate’s journal by using the Standard brush and making some adjustments such as the Focal Shift and the Intensity setting where you will create a leathery skin or aged paper effect rather quickly.
- [Voiceover] I don't have a need for the actual top…of the paper to be textured,…but I will just hit it in case we do decide at some point…to animate this a little bit.…So, I'm just gently going to...…Just give a little bit of a texture…to the edges of the paper.…On both sides.…
And then I'll just hit that with the trim dynamic,…just to polish that up.…Whoops.…And I'm gonna actually show you a really cool technique.…It's a way of achieving somewhat…of a leathery skin type texture, relatively quickly.…And in this particular instance,…it's going to lend itself well for this paper,…even though, again, this paper will be hidden.…
Just make sure, I noticed that I am pulling a little bit in.…I kind of like that, though.…I like the fact that that is gonna do it on here too.…I like that it's pulling that paper down a little bit.…Okay.…So let's leave it like that.…Alright, so that's what we call a happy mistake.…So, what I'm going to do is change…over to my standard brush, which we actually haven't used…in this lesson yet.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.