In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson your instructor demonstrates how you can start adding some impressive looking detail to the lock mechanism on your pirate’s journal. You will start by working on the keyhole, then, using the Mech A brush you learn how to approach the carving of the scrollwork.
- [Voiceover] Now the lock…is really just nothing more than sculpting metal…similar to what we did earlier with the compass.…The only difference is…that I'll be putting in a little bit of a decorative trim.…But what I'm going to do is…just get all these prepared…off screen,…and I'll work those up and then come back…because I'm going to do nothing more…than what I've already done.…
No sense in you watching me do that.…The way I've created the polish of the bones…or anything I've done in the compass,…is basically what I'm doing…to the metal preparation first,…and then I'll show you…how I add all the finite detail at the end.…So I've roughed in the detail on…both the front of the lock and on the top of the lock.…I did it very quickly,…so I'll show you now in further detail…how I finished this off.…
Since I'm on the middle part of the lock,…I'll just focus on that for now.…So I'm gonna isolate that.…What I want to do is increase my division level…cause I'm too low right now,…but that was again just roughing it out.…So I'll divide that up to a seven.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.