In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you learn how to take some of the assets of your pirate journal outside of ZBrush and bring them into Maya or other 3D program in order to make some adjustments to their shape. You will make the book narrower to better match the concept art and squash parts of the skull so that it will no longer penetrate through the book cover.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Okay, so I'm ready to now…change the scale of the book…and let me demonstrate…how I go about doing that.…I'm going to isolate just the book for now.…The first thing I want to do…is reduce my geometry level…down to a level one.…I also want to go down…into the Export settings and make sure…Merge and Group are both turned off.…And then I'll go up to the Export…and I'll export this out as an obj.…
I'm also going to go to the pages…and do the same thing.…So I'll reduce that to its lowest level…and once again export out pages.…And finally the skull,…which, if you recall,…the skull is actually a combination…of both the skull mesh…and the three individual teeth…that we combined,…we merged as one unit.…
Now you can actually…successfully export this from ZBrush…and then export it back,…or import it back into Zbrush…without a problem,…but again,…it's very important to make sure…that you have the Export…with Merge and Group turned off.…So I'll now export the skull out…and I'm going to switch to Maya,…and I'll go ahead and import in…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.