Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Ryan] While this is an intermediate level course, I'm going to show you every button and keystroke that I use, and explain everything I'm doing to make it easier to follow along, even if you're not very experienced with Zbrush. However, this is not an introduction to the tools. So, you'll probably want to be familiar with the basics of Zbrush before watching this course. If you need to get up to speed with the software, please watch my Zbrush essential training course on Lynda.com, or LinkedIn Learning. Beyond that, you'll probably want to use a Wacom tablet for sculpting. I recommend making a few changed to Wacom settings so that it works best with Zbrush.
So, whether you're on a Mac or a PC, just search for your Wacom tablet properties. When you've got that open, I recommend making sure that this is set to right click, and this is set to middle click. Also under mapping I recommend turning off Windows Ink, and I recommend turning on Forced Proportions. Alright, that's it. Let's get on with the rest of the course.
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.