Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparation for this course, part of Maya: Retopology for Animation.
- [George] While this is an intermediate level course, I'm going to show you every button and keystroke that I use and explain everything I'm doing to make it easier to follow along even if you're not very experienced with Maya. As long as you know the basics of navigating the interface and viewport, you should be fine. If you need to get up to speed with the software, please watch the Maya Essential Training course that matches your version number. The first three chapters should be fine. If you have access to the exercise files, you can open the one that corresponds to the video you're watching by simply double clicking on it or dragging and dropping it into the Maya window.
Okay, with that outta the way, we're ready to get started with the course.
- Setting up the sculpted model
- Drawing guidelines
- Using the modeling toolkit
- Adding and deleting polygons and edge loops
- Retopology tips and tricks