In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson your instructor, Michael Ingrassia, will teach you how to refine the tooth shape for the skull on the cover of your pirate’s journal. You will learn how to add some final details, including cracks and move your tooth into the proper position on the skull, using the ClayTubes, OrbCracks, and Move tools, among others.
- [Voiceover] So now I'll start adding the rough detail…onto the tooth the way I want it.…And, once again, switch over to my trim dynamic…and polish this out.…And if I want, if there's some areas…that I'm noticing in here, which I want the striations…but I don't necessarily want some of the cross-hatching,…I'm just going to…take those out with the smooth brush.…
Because I'll be adding my own cracks anyway…using a couple of the other brushes.…Okay, so just hitting all of this…to get a nice chunky block.…Almost like a brick.…That will be the tooth.…Excellent.…I won't go too far into detail and the reason for that…is the more I finish this piece, the more unique…it's going to look…and makes it difficult for me to duplicate it…and use it for the other teeth…because they'll all look identical…and I don't want that.…
So by keeping it somewhat unfinished,…I'm able to just do the finishing work…on each of the teeth individually…at this stage.…So, once again, important, hit a milestone,…go ahead and save.…Save as a new iteration…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.