Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Placing reference photos on the grid, part of ZBrush: Sculpting Portraits.
- Sculpting by eye is not only…a great to train yourself, but it…also helps you scupt more expressively…by not allowing you to "cheat"…by having an image plane to line up the scupt with.…However, if you're going for realism,…it's usually necessary to use reference…a bit more literally than we have been.…In this video, I'll show you how to…import reference images into ZBrush for this purpose.…So let's make sure that we've got the grid turned on.…You want to have the floor button turned on,…and it's actually kind of hard to see,…but there's a floor for each access,…so I'm gonna turn off the floor…just to make it easier to see.…
There's an X, Y, and Z, let's just…go ahead and turn all these on.…And then turn the floor in general on.…And the next thing I wanna do is go up to draw.…And let's scroll down to front back.…So we're gonna do with the front back image plane.…And let's go into map one and import.…So let's get the front and side views…that we made earlier in this course.…I've got a copy of them saved in…the exercise files chapter two folder,…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
Maya: 3D Printing with Shapewayswith Ryan Kittleson1h 45m Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.