Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Placing the grommets with insert mesh, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a single grommet…we need to make copies of it that are exactly the same size…and positioned precisely on the surface of this shoe.…I'm gonna make a custom insert mesh brush for this.…So let's see how it works.…Okay, we're still in our tool we created the grommet in.…So I'm gonna go in to sub-tool and let's rename it…to something that makes sense, like Grommet,…and let's turn it into it's own brush.…So for this I wanna look at it from a perfect top-down view.…I'm gonna hold down shift while I do this so it snaps.…This is because when you make an insert mesh brush…the orientation that you're looking at the mesh from…is the same orientation that the object…is going to be created on the surface of another object.…
So let's go up to brush and let's create insert mesh brush.…So this is asking us if we want to append it…to the existing brush or make a new brush.…I'm going to make a new brush because I don't want it…to be part of my standard brush.…And you can see we just created insert mesh brush one here.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush 2018 Essential Trainingwith Ryan Kittleson4h 49m Beginner
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.