In this video, Ryan Kittleson shows how to create new geometry for the animatable model using the Modeling Toolkit.
- [Narrator] Now that the flow zones are planned out,…we can get into the actual mesh construction.…For this, Maya has a set of features…called the modeling toolkit.…Let's see how it can be used to…make the process fast and easy.…In our exercise file, the way I've got it right now,…the raw sculpt is in a reference layer,…so what I need to do is get this out of reference…into a regular layer so that I can select it…and make sure that I've got it turned into a live surface.…Alright, now that the sculptor's a live surface,…we can go into our modeling toolkit here on the right side…and the tool you use the most in here…is probably going to be Quad Draw.…
So let's zoom in on the face and see…what happens when we select Quad Draw.…So what this does is it allows us to create…vertices that can then be turned into polygons.…So really it's just a matter of clicking in…the sections where the guidelines overlap.…So you can see now I've just drawn out four vertices.…Now to create a polygon what I can do is hold down shift…
- Setting up the sculpted model
- Drawing guidelines
- Using the modeling toolkit
- Adding and deleting polygons and edge loops
- Retopology tips and tricks