Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting with photos, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
If you want to use a photograph to actually paint colors on to a model, you…can do this using the Projection Master Plugin. I'm going to draw my female…version Head model on to the canvas and switch to Edit mode and press F to…center and let's increase, level of Geometry. Now Projection Master is a plugin…that's been part of the Zbrush for a while. In older versions of the Zbrush it…was used to apply colors to a model and a lot of that functionality has been…replaced by Poly Painting. And there are few areas Projection Master still…could be very helpful and one of those is applying photographs as a color to a model.…
So I'm going to switch to the BasicMaterial here. So I don't have any more of…that red color from the Red Wax material. When I'm using Projection Master once…again I will be painting colors directly on to the vertices of the model. So…the more vertices I have in my model, the better the texture will look.…Now I'm actually going to divide this model one more time so it has five levels…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.