Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting models, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
ZBrush is not only a great program for creating digital sculptures and 3D…objects, it's also a great way to texture 3D objects. You can paint the texture…directly on an object and then export that for use in another 3D program or…just use it in ZBrush itself.…For instance, I have painted or I have started to paint a skin texture for this…old man character and I have done this by painting colors directly on the…surface of the model. I'm going to demonstrate how to do this. This is the…oldMan_Painted2 model; I'm going to load a different old man character. I do…have a lot of old man characters apparently. So let's load up oldMan_v01 and…press F to center and here he is. I'm going to switch to the basic material and…now we can see, it's just a white color on here.…
When you apply a color to an object in ZBrush, the colors are actually applied…to the vertices of the object. In other words, if I turn on Frame mode you can…see, each point right here will contain RGB information and then the colors…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.