Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the upper eyelids, part of Sculpting Portraits in ZBrush.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The process to make the upper eyelids…is very similar to what we just did with the lower eyelids,…but with one major difference.…Everybody has an eyelid, right here,…but on most people, there is this bag that hangs over.…So let me just identify that bag right here.…This hangs over pretty far, and the upper eyelid…actually is tucked up underneath this bag, pretty high.…It's not the kind of thing where…you can just make a simple crease.…
This is a major shape with its own volume,…so let's see my technique for making it.…Let's start off doing just the same thing…we did for the lower eyelid.…We're gonna zoom in here,…adjust my draw size a little bit,…and we'll just mask off a space right here above the eyeball…just corner to corner, pretty straightforward.…Now let's go ahead and invert that selection,…Control-click in an open area,…and let's go to Masking and Blur Mask five or six times.…
Let's switch to the Move Brush, b-m-v,…and go ahead and pull that down.…I'm also looking at my reference photographs,…trying to get the right shape on this.…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
3D Printing on Shapeways Using Mayawith Ryan Kittleson1h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.