Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the tongue, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] The tongue on this shoe…is different from most other patches.…And probably different from a lot…of tongues on other shoes.…It's made up of two different materials sewn together…with a seam between them that folds inwards.…So, let's see some ways of making this effect on Zbrush.…Honestly, it's really hard to see…the tongue in these photos.…So, I'm just going to try to make it up the best I can.…Okay, I'm going to turn on solo mode…with the upper selected.…So we don't see the other pieces.…And let's go ahead and clear the mask…that we made for the previous video.…Control + click and drag in an open area.…
And now, let's just simply look at this…from a front view and maybe try…to establish where this tongue should be.…Let's actually look at this from a top view.…Okay, so, looks like the tongue starts right about here.…So, I'm just going to start masking that off.…And then, actually, let's see.…We can't really anything from the other views.…So, we'll just, kind of, have to guess from here.…But I'm just gonna try to make the shape.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.