Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a template for the repeating treads, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] As you can see in the photo,…there's a pattern of treads that we haven't made yet.…Since this pattern is visually a separate unit…from the rest of the sole,…I'm going to make it separately…using a totally different method.…So let's just make one tread…and then duplicate it to make a pattern.…Okay, for this, let's go ahead…and insert a new object into our scene.…I'm going to hit shift A to append…and let's go ahead and get cube 3D,…actually, it really doesn't matter…because we're just going to replace it.…So I'm going to alt click on the cube to select it…and then hit shift F, you can see the wire frame,…and you can see that this is actually a really…messy cube for modeling from.…
So what I'm going to do is scroll down to initialize…and then what I want to do is set this resolution…all the way to one by one by one…and hit Q cube.…So what this does is it just makes a cube…that doesn't have any subdivisions.…It's just a really neat cube for working with.…And so what I want to do is hide the sole…so it's not in the way…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.